It's All in the Asking

Both my boys have been asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance!  Yea!!!  I can't even imagine how the girl's moms must feel as each homecoming/prom approaches...will she get asked?  Please let her get asked!  The pressure...the joy if she's asked & the disappointment if she's not.  I know it may seem silly, but it's a right of passage.  It's someone saying to themselves, yeah, I think they would be cool to hang out with. 

Around here, it's all in the asking.  The kids really try to be original.  We did it face to face, but now creativity is the key.  Of course the girls do a little better job than the boys.


The Junior Way:

The 4 wrappers...


With Hop, because he is a junior the girls can do things to the guy's cars.  Hop was Seran wrapped.  Very cute.  If you look closely, you can see the boxes, tubes, and tape container on the car too.  It took those sweet girls about 30 minutes to get it done, and it was a little chilly outside.  I think they did a beautiful job, don't you? 

The finished product
Trying to get to the poster...
He said yes!


The Freshman Way:
Watching the girls speed away after we answered the door. ;)
I wonder what it says?


For the freshmen, the asking can be a little harder...no car to decorate, and you need your mom or an older sibling to take you.  Harry's date asked him in a cute way.  The five balloons spelled out Harry, and after he cut them off and we went inside you can see what the message was.  Harry said yes.  I'm excited for him, and I know he's going to have a wonderful time. 





The question...
Calling with the answer

Thanks girls for asking my boys, I know how nerve racking it can be. I hope y'all have a memorable time at Sadie.  I can't wait to see your dresses.  I know you will both look beautiful! 

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro