Just Another Day of Walking

As you already know, my friend, Ashley, and I have started walking together about three times a week.  Today we decided it was time to really test ourselves.  If we're planning on walking 13.1 miles, we better start training like we mean it.  Most of our walks are between 5 and 6 miles.  That's a good fat burning distance, and you get a great workout, but there's a big difference between 6 miles and 13.

So today we upped the mileage to 9.2 miles.  This is no flat 9 miles we walked.  We had major hills at miles: 1, 3 & 5.5.  The kind that take you 5 minutes to walk up.  The kind where there is little or no talking until you get to the top.  The kind where you wish you had the Rocky song they played when he ran up all those steps in Philly.  Well, no such luck here, but we made it none the less.

We've started noticing crazy random things when we walk.  It's really funny.  The last time we did this walk (the 6.3 mile version) we saw a house that still had some Christmas decorations up.  It's March...I think it's time to take them down, but you know what, I love Christmas, so it's all good.  We got a great little chuckle out of it.  Today we walk by the same house & the snowman has been replaced by an Easter Egg.  I love Easter too.  You can't have Easter with out Christmas, so it kinda ties in together.  We saw some older ladies walking in the opposite direction from us.  After we told them good morning, we laughed and said that would be us in 30 to 40 years.  I guess then we'll be talking about our grandchildren & how great it is to be active at our age...I can only hope so!

It was a beautiful day for a long walk.  The weather could not be prettier:  the sun was out; there was a nice cool breeze; it was about 65-70 degrees; and a lot of the trees and flowers are starting to bloom.  According to the 'My Fitness Pal' app on my phone we burned 850 calories.  I'm pretty sure we burned more because of the hills, I'm just sayin'.  My legs are a little stiff.  I stretched for a bit and took some Advil.  I plan on taking a HOT shower to loosen up the old quads, hams & calves.  I have a feeling that working out tomorrow is going to be a killer.  Gotta push through it though & burn some fat.  :)

All in all, it was great just to have another day of walking!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick