Chalk Dinner Up to Pinterest

Around here it's always the same question... "What can I cook for dinner that's different?".  In my opinion, anything different is good.  I get tired of cooking the same things over and over.  Does anyone feel me out there?  Oh yeah, I also need it to be a recipe that does not have any funky ingredients or take too long to cook.  I know I'm a little demanding, but I don't have all day to spend hunting down some obscure ingredient or cooking said dinner.

I want to say Thank You Pinterest, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.  I haven't been on Pinterest in a few weeks.  I needed to take a break.  (those of you on it know why...can you say addiction?)  One of my favorite boards is my food board which is called 'Feed Us Please!'.  The fam is always hungry & I'm always searching for new things to change the recipe too.  (I couldn't follow a recipe to save my life, it's my form of rebellion.) 

The website plainchicken.com has some great recipes.  What I'm cooking tonight comes from their site via Pinterest.  It wasn't hard. If you can poach chicken, open some containers/jars, and stir you're good to go!  I let the boys taste it cold & they all gave it a thumbs up & said they can't wait to taste it hot.  I did have a request not to let the noodles get too crisp.  They said it makes it taste yuck.  I want them to eat, so I'll have to watch the cooking a little closer than I have in the past.  I also used low fat ingredients.  I have to cut the fat & calories somewhere...I'm only eating 1200 a day.  Three words for you:  bathing suit season.  :/

I plan on serving dinner with a salad & some fresh fruit.  I'll let you know tomorrow how they like it; I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hit!

Celebrating Life & good eating!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro