Picking Up Speedy



Christie & her daughter Jackie
Well, Ashley and I logged a 10 mile walk today.  WooHoo!!!  We decided to not be wimps about it & we really pushed ourselves by taking the tougher route.  We tackled 5 big hills.  One of them was the massive one in front of my house, and the others weren't quite as steep, but still nothing to sneeze at.  The wrestling team runs up my hill & just don't know how those boys do it.  It's hard enough just walking.  Oui!

While we were walking, a friend called to see if Ashley wanted to go for a walk.  So we added a new element today, our friend Christie.  We dubbed her Speedy Gonzalez.  She's petite; has the prettiest skin; is built like a brick house & was walking at least three steps in front of us most of the walk.  (Ash, I think you're pretty too!  You don't look much older than Hannah.)  We picked Christie up about mile 4 1/2, and she forced helped us to pick-up the pace.  Ashley & I were laughing because when we went up hill number 3 Christie was just movin' right along & we were (or at least I was) almost to the trudging stage & we still had 3 1/2 miles & 2 hills left.  Come on knees, don't fail me now! 


Ashley & Hannah
The rest of the walk was fairly uneventful.  Ashley & I were tired, but felt incredible.  Burning over 1000 calories will do that for you.  We saw our 'friend' who we "borrowed" the paper from last week.  When we saw her I told her I noticed that the paper was not in the driveway today.  She said that she though she recognized us as the ones who went through her paper last week.  We had a great laugh about it.  Again.

Elizabeth & Me

When we pulled into my driveway Christie jokingly asked if Ashley & I wanted to go up the big hill again.  We gave her a chorused resounding 'NO'!  Doing the hill once is enough, I don't think I could have made it up again.  I have to say I'm a little sore from our walk, but not as bad as I could be.  (yea for hot showers!)  Ashley & I decided that if we can do that walk, then we can take on a half marathon.  (we just have to make sure that it won't have too many hills to hike up!)

I had a great time spending time with my friends today & getting a little exercise.  They make life (and exercising) fun!!!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley 

Comments

  1. I woke up Saturday officially sore. Loved having Christie join us. Wish we had a walking club. So therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro