End of One Era & the Beginning of Another

On our way to Meet the Teacher
It's the end of an era for the fam.  We "graduated" from the K-3 school & now have moved to the Central school that has 4th and 5th graders.  It's a big deal, we've been at the other school for 12 straight years.  Now, is the beginning of the next era.  This one is short, it's just two years.  Friday we met the little Worm's fourth grade teachers.  Of all the children in the fam, Henry is the last one to find out who he will be spending his days with.  The other three have known since the beginning of August.  So, as you can imagine, Henry has been a little excited to find out who he will have. 

Hen & his buds waiting to find
out who their teachers will be
You know that feeling you get the night before something big?  You get butterflies in your stomach & you can't sleep.  That's how I was for Henry.  I know, I'm a dork.  I get excited.  I get nervous.  I really pray Henry has teachers who will appreciate him.  Is he quirky?  Yes.  (the whole apple doesn't fall far from my tree thing applies here)  Is he smart?  Yes.  (he gets it from his daddy)  Does he hate to write?  Yes.  Is he a sweet caring boy?  Yes, yes, yes.  I'm biased, I admit it, but I pray his new teachers can see this in him.

Henry & Mrs. Gilmore
His main teacher is Mrs. Gilmore.  None of the other three have had her, so we are excited to get to know her.  I have heard she is a phenom of a teacher.  I have heard that the entire team of Henry's teacher teach the whole child.  They look beyond just school & realize that it's important for a child to succeed socially and emotionally as well.  Yea, Yea, Yea!!!  I couldn't ask for anything more.  Hen's two swap teachers are:  Ms. Luccasen and Mrs. Barley.  (Hop is friends with Mrs. Barley's little brother, too funny.)  All three teachers, on first impression, seem excited about the new school year, and excited for their new class.

We are looking forward to a wonderful fourth grade year for Henry & have great expectations for him.  

Celebrating Life & little Worms!


~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go