Henry, There's a Small Village Living Under Your Bed

To say that I haven't really inspected the children's rooms all summer would hit the proverbial nail on the head.

It's summer; I didn't want to be nagging too much, I have been somewhat lax in that area for the last two months, and I didn't want to ruin our time together by becoming the clean room nazi.  I love it when everything is put in its place.  I'm this way because nothing is ever put where it belongs unless I come behind the fam & point what I want them to pick-up & where I want them to put it.  Second verse same as the first.  :/

I should have been tipped off about Henry's room when he couldn't find his favorite orange collared shirt one Sunday for church.  I mean, it's his favorite shirt, so I would assume (you know what they say about assuming things) he would put it in the dirty clothes hamper if it was dirty, or hang it back up if it was clean.  He only wore it to church for a few hours, so there's a 50/50 chance it's still clean.

So I go upstairs to help Hen put clean sheets on his bed.  I look down & notice things sticking out from underneath his bed.  I was a little afraid there was a monster nesting under there waiting to snatch me.  It was that bad.  Before we put on clean sheets, I make Henry completely take out everything from under both of the twin beds in his room.

Oh wow, wow, wow, wow.  I think that child has a small village under his bed.  There are toys, pens, crayons, clothes, missing socks, legos, magnets, frisbees, notebooks, regular books, candy (the candy is from Auntie), his metal lock box, and about a million other things I won't spell out for you.  Just trust me, it was a lot of stuff.  (His orange shirt was found in a little skinny drawer in the chest.  Don't know why he stuffed in there, but he's a boy, I've learned not to ask questions.)

It took us over 2 hours to get everything cleaned out.  I didn't think we would ever get done, but we did.  Clean sheets are now on his bed & I'm feeling the urge to hit Harry's room.  Oh goodie!!!  I know he'll have lots of things for me to throw away too!!  Muhahah!!! :)

Clean rooms and a clean house make me happy!  It's all about me right?  Yeah, what ever.  ;)

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick