I Must Do the Dance

I love it when I hit one out of the park.  Sometimes mommies just need to know that we have done well.  It may not happen very often, but when it does, I must do the dance.

Last night, as usual, I was scrounging for dinner.  What to cook, what to cook, what to cook.  "Hey mom, I'm hungry..."  "Hey mom, what's for dinner..."  "Hey mom..."  "Hey mom..."  "Hey mom..."  Hey fam, don't call me mom right now.   Hey fam, trying to figure out what we're having for dinner.  Hey fam, I know you're hungry, got it & am working on it.  Just give me an hour, I'll have something for you soon, I promise.

I have chicken, now what to do with it.  I don't feel like baking it.  Bleh.  I don't want poach it.  Meh.  Ok, I'll cut it up and saute it.  But with what spices?  Just sauteing it is boring too.  Oui.  What makes chicken taste yummy?  White cooking wine...Paul Prudhomme's poultry seasoning...kosher salt...fresh cracked pepper...a little butter, those all go great with chicken.  Something is still missing.  Cream cheese, yeah, that's what's missing.  Saute chicken in the butter and a little white wine.  Once the chicken is cooked, add poultry seasoning, kosher salt, pepper, and a little more cooking wine.  Not too bad.  Add cream cheese.  Not too bad at all.  Serve over a baguette, throw some veggies on the side, and now dinner is served. 

I had to beat picky child away from the pan.  He said he had to keep trying it to make sure it wasn't going to kill anyone.  Thanks Harry.  I'm glad you like it, but hey, save some for the rest of the fam.  I wanted a picture from dinner, but they ate it too fast.  Sorry.  :)  It's a nice problem to have.

Everyone liked dinner and cleaned their plates.  Whew, I did it, and so last night I was able to, do the dance.   

Celebrating Life,
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro