May We Have the Enevelop Please...

the enevelope
Last week in the mail Hop received something I've been waiting for his whole life.  Don't get me wrong, I have not been wishing away his childhood, but I've been thinking about the day this enevelop would come.

Flashback 22 years...
It's early fall, and another enevelop is delevered to my house.  It has my name on it & in the return address it says 'Office of Admissions Auburn University'.  My dad is on pins and needles as I open my letter.  I have been accepted to Auburn, his Alma Mater, and his father's Alma Mater.  I am the third generation to go to, and eventually graduate from, Auburn University, the lovliest village on the plains.  I think my dad was more excited than I was.  The smile on his face was huge.  It's a great memory.  I wish he was alive so I could share my mommy memory with him.

Back to the present...
Oh I want to open the envelopes so badly.  But I'm not.  My name is no where on them, so I'll just sit and stare at them until Hop gets home from football.  I'll lay them out pretty so Hop can see them.  I'll document the moment so I can hold onto it forever.  It only comes one time in a child's life. 

Finally finally finally Hop gets home and opens the envelopes.  He will be the 4th generation to be accepted to Auburn, if he chooses to go.  (he's 99% sure he's going)  Now I know why my dad was so excited.  It's a cool feeling when your child wants to go to a place that holds such great memories for you.  I know he will have a wonderful time.  He will make new friends, who he will love like his old friends.  You never know, he could meet his future wife there.  I met big Hopson at Auburn. 

Accepted with a scholarship!
It was a great time in my life.  I hope he makes at least as many happy memories as I did.  I believe in Auburn, and love it.  War Eagle!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro