Lessons in Movies Part 1

These next few days will be big movie days for me.  I will see two movies that I really want to see within days of each other.  WooHoo!!!  With our schedule, it can be difficult to do this, and I am so excited that it will work out for me to see both of the movies.

I was able to turn the first one into a date with my favorite 10 year old in the world.  :)  Henry and I went to see was The Hobbit.  As a fam, we are LOTR fans.  We've seen all three Lord of the Rings movies in the theatres.  We own all the videos.  We can quote from the movie at any given time.  The lessons in the trilogy are perfect for children and adults alike.  We expected nothing less from The Hobbit.  If you've never read the book by J.R. R. Tolkien, I highly recommend it.  Of all the books from the LOTR, The Hobbit is the easiest to read.  It's the prequel to the trilogy and tells the journey of how Bilbo Baggins comes to own the one ring. 

They are doing the movie into two parts.  I'm trying to decide how I feel about this.  It is going to make the movie better in the long run, but now we have to wait a year to see the ending.  I will say this, the first part does not disappoint.  There is all action you expect from a Peter Jackson film; the costumes were second to none; and they stayed pretty true to the story line.  (It's been a long time since I've read The Hobbit.)   

The lessons in this movie are great as well.  Don't be afraid to step out and try new things.  Don't assume that because someone is not like you that they don't have worth.  Don't assume that because someone is different they are not the one God has ordained for the task at hand.  Learn to trust.  Always do your best.  Never give up...etc.  Many lessons that I sometimes forget.

I see the second film Christmas day.  Les Miserables!  I've wanted to see the musical for as long as I can remember & this is a less expensive way to see it.  The music is fabulous and I can't wait for it to come out Christmas Day.  I'll do part 2 of Lessons from Movies after I see it.

If you need a great movie to see with your kids, go see The Hobbit.  You won't be disappointed!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro