What is to Become of US?


I read a very disturbing article the other day.  It's one of those things that I thought I would only read in a dystopian novel.  (which I love to read by the way.  The Giver by Lois Lowry was my first dn ever.  I cried throughout the entire book.)  The concept in the article is so far out of the realm of possibility, so I thought, that I knew there would be NO WAY it would ever come to be.

Well you know what?  It has.  When did we become so Godless and morally void?  When did we decide that life is just something to be thrown away?  When did we start to focus on the can't do instead of the can?  When did industrialized countries become like the communist?  I am morally angry.  And the word angry is the word I meant to use. 

This is Hop when he was a baby.
There are doctors in the UK that are putting sick and disabled newborns on a 'death path'.  What?!  Are you serious?!  The doctors are withholding food and water, at the permission of the parents, to these most innocent of innocents.  I can't tell you how upsetting this is to me.  When did it become our right to decide this?  Do we believe that we can thumb our nose at a most holy God, who by the way, created that child, and tell him that we think that since they won't live what we would consider a good quality 'normal life', that this child has no value?

How disheartening and truly unbelievable!  I have several friends with special needs children and siblings, and I know if you would talk to them that they would tell you that they could not imagine life without that person.  My daughter Elizabeth works with some special needs kids and she will tell you that they are some of the kindest kids she knows.  Can it be difficult?  Yes.  Are there obstacles that have to be overcome?  Yes.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely.

My 4 with my brother's son, Henry. 
If ANYONE tries to hurt my four or
any of my nieces or nephews, they will
have to go through me first.

We've heard whispers of death panels attached with Obamacare.  They will happen.  If it's happening in the UK, it is only a matter of time before we become as 'enlightened' as they are.  It makes me want to gag! 

I pray for our country.  I pray for our leaders.  I pray the those of us who believe in the sanctity of life, and that we will come together and fight against this.  God tells us he will not be mocked, and we will be held accountable.  I believe the life of every baby, both before and after it is born, is precious. 

God save us all!

Truly Celebrating LIFE!
~ashley    

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro