A Letter He Could Have Done Without

You know that this past fall Hop received an acceptance letter from Auburn.  War Eagle!  I have to share another letter he received from another school.  I'm not going to name the school it came from, because that's not important.

In the letter, the person who wrote it, told Hopson he might not get into the more selective colleges.  Really?  Why are you telling any child that?  Shame on you.  If my child wants to try to get into the hardest school out there you better believe Hopson & are going to encourage him to do it.  I don't need you telling him otherwise.  It's hard enough to build up our children, without them becoming narcissistic, and to encourage them to push themselves as hard as they can in the hedonistic society we live in.  Please don't do anything to undo some of the positive strives we've made over the years.  Any of my children can do anything they set their minds to.

We are not the 'trophy for participating' kind of parents.  If you get a trophy because your team wins the whole shebang, we're ok with that.  Otherwise, no trophy please.  I'm not going to go into what all we believe; I've already beaten that dead horse.  I just can't stand to beat that poor animal to a pulp again today.

So, Mr. 'You don't have to worry about the selective schools', thank you for your input, but we choose to not accept what you say or believe you.  My son will try to get into those schools, and when he does, I will stick my proverbial tongue out at you.  Not really, because that's childish, but I will be thinking it.

Kids, if anyone tells you that you can't do something, don't believe them.  Go for your dreams!  And make sure you dream BIG!!!

Celebrating Life & big dreams,
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro