Coming Down from My Sugar High



Henry, Elizabeth, Hop, Harry
and Hop's first best friend, Will D.
Birthdays do make me happy.  It's another year to celebrate life.  (and eat birthday cake!)  A chance to celebrate both what has been and what will be.  Having a birthday over the Christmas break can be a bummer.  Friends are out of town or already have plans.  Poor Harry.  He really wanted Mooyah! for dinner that night but they were closed, so we ate Mexican instead. 

When Harry was little would have his party on his half birthday.  It's easier to have it during the summer.  This year he just wanted to have a few people over to watch movies, shoot pool, hang out, and eat cake.  Not a problem!



Happy Sweet 16 Harry!
WooHoo!! 2 drivers in the house!

Harry's favorite cake is a cookie cake & so I made him a double decker birthday cake with lots of icing.  I think he liked it.  :)  Yea for the mommy who doesn't like to bake. 

It was a great New Year's Eve.  Now that I've caught up on my sleep can I really think on it.  Harry had a group of friends over and they were laughing and carrying on.  (it's the best gift my children can give me!  Love having their friends over!!!)  Elizabeth and Henry both had friends over to spend the night too.  I missed seeing Hop.  He went to hang out at Stephanie's house.  He had a lot of fun, but I've decided that I don't like staying up really late.  I didn't go to sleep until 2:30 am.  You know what that makes me?  Besides super mom of course...very loopy and very sleepy. (for at least a few days)  It was all good though, I had lots of laughter and a house full of happy chicks.

School starts back tomorrow, and I think it's going to be a little bit of a shock for all of us.  I'm not ready to start back being the homework checking, is your lunch made, tooth brushing, deodorant wearing monitor.  (most of those are for Henry, but sometimes the older ones forget too.)  It's been a wonderful two weeks of Christmas, three birthdays & a new year!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Pete, you can't hide from me.  :)
Harry, Nolan, Katie, Haley, Pete & Grant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro