Celebrate the Girl!



My sweet Elizabeth...surrounded by brothers.  Brothers who don't like her to be too girly.  I've been trying to tell them there's a difference in being girly and high maintenance.  I don't know if they believe me.

I mean, cut her some slack...she's not whiny or demanding.  She shot a doe & a nine point buck this season.  She's pretty easy going when it's all said and done.  I don't know what else I can do for them to show how, for a girl, she's about as calm as they come.

Well, that is except on her birthday.  March 22nd.  It was my dad's birthday too.  It's a great day for a birthday.  My daddy would have loved Miss Priss.  She's kind, smart, a gifted writer, not intimidated easily, and when she gets nervous she giggles.  Her GiGi & Pop love her to pieces, so I know mine would have too.




Since it was her big 13th birthday we had a girls' day.  I had a blast!  We went shopping for a bit to get ideas for spring.  We had her makeup done and bought said makeup.  The makeup artist did one side of her face and then made Elizabeth do the other side.  She did a great job.  It's not like girls are born knowing how to apply makeup, it takes practice.  Considering hers is not too dramatic it has been easier for her to pick it up.






After we had her makeup done we went for a manicure/pedicure.  Thanks Cotton & Leah!  Her fingers and toes look like Easter eggs.  I love the two colors she chose.  I chose the same for my toes.  :)   Her nails will match her Easter dress.  I can't wait to see her in it.  I love having a girl.  It's like playing dress-up with a doll all the time.  A dream come true.

Happy birthday Pitty!  I love you so much!!!

Celebrating another year in the life of my girl,
~ashley   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro