It's Just Life

21 years.  That's how long it's been.  21 years since my sweet roommates came to get me out of class to let me know about my dad.  Kim had to drive me home because my leg was in a full leg cast.  You know what I've decided?  21 years is a long time. 

So much has happened in that time...so much life has happened.  Before you tell me that my parents have been watching everything from heaven, please know I know that.  Trust me, it's not the same.  I'm not trying to be mean, but there are days I just wish my parents could physically see and talk to my fam.  It's just life.

You know I didn't even think about my dad when I woke up this morning.  I was focused on life with four kids in May.  May is crazy.  I finally realized that today is his angelversary when I was driving carpool & was trying to remember if Hop had an AP exam today.  I remembered E needs tights for her recital this weekend & the big boys have their team party next Friday night & I have a TON of things to get done for it.  I think Sally Field put it best in Steel Magnolias when she said that life goes on.  Yes 'mam it surly does, whether you want it to or not.

It's just life.  It's funny how for some people it's a wonderfully happy day & for others it may be heartbreaking.  21 years ago I had friends celebrating birthdays, parent's birthdays, and anniversaries.  I wanted to crawl in under a rock.  But today, I'm thankful.  I have been living life.  I praise God that life goes on.  He has been faithful when I have not, and I see His handprint all over my life.

I thank Him for faithful friends, both the old and new friends.  Friends who stick by you and want to hold your hand through trials & celebrate with you through good times.  I thank Him for a faithful loving husband.  A husband who never complains about when the worse part in 'for better or worse' comes around.  I thank Him for crazy, messy, loud kids.  Do I wish my home was spotless?  Yes, yes I do.  But that will never happen, and you know what?  I'm ok with it, most of the time.  When it's messy, I know my home is full of life. 

And you know what, it is just life, and I love it!  Happy Angelversary Daddy!

To Malia, Kim & Monte:  love you guys!  Thanks for being great roomies & holding my hand all those years ago.  To Lisa, Amy, Stuckey & Jenny thanks for being the best college neighbors ever & being willing to stay up late to chat on that first summer after daddy died.  Love you guys! 

Celebrating Life!
~ashley 

The picture below is of a bunch of us the summer we were about to be freshmen in high school.  Love these girls!

Add caption

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick