No Talk, Just Do

I don't make resolutions.  I used to, but wisely I quit.  I figured when I kept breaking them after a few weeks or months that something had to change, and it had to start with my thoughts and actions.  Here are a few of my failed resolutions:

Don't failures look so much prettier when they look like that?  Still, they are places where I fell short, and that is where the most learning takes place.  What I really learned is that I needed to be a person of action instead of talk.  Talk is cheap. 

It's easy to say I'm going to do something, but the follow-through is another issue.  I can say I'll love my fam, but unless I actually do it the words are meaningless.  I figured what was the use in making resolutions if it was all talk and no action.  I had to make lifestyle changes. 

Instead of just wanting to read my bible, workout & lose weight, I made changes to make sure I did.  I started by putting things on my calendar so I wouldn't forget.  They say you put things that are important to you on your calendar.  How true that is.  Many of my most precious events are on my calendar:  birthdays, anniversaries, angelversaries, important events....   These reminders that pop up on my phone helped me create new & better habits. 

It takes 21 days to create a new habit.  21 days is doable.  21 days to put a plan into action & make me a person of action instead of talk.  😀

Here's to 2019.  Here's to us being better this year.  Loving more, laughing often, having gratitude for the little things, and throwing kindness like it's going out of style.  And maybe making a workout or two, and eating more green veggies as well, but especially...

...Celebrating life & a new year,
~ashley







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro