Better to Ask for Forgiveness...

...than for permission.  Right?  Well that depends on what you're asking forgiveness for.

Harry, Harry, Harry.  He's so crazy.  The child is 16.  All we heard when he finally turned 16 is how he can't wait to drive all by himself.  He can't wait to drive his car.  (He and Hop had to share for a few months, he made it sound like it was the most horrible thing he's ever done.)  Well, six months have come and gone since Harry's sweet 16.

I'm thinking, Harry's arrived.  He's going to be super happy.  He has wheels that are his own, and he can take care of getting himself from place to place.  Yeah, that was my mistake.

Cash burns a hole in that child's pocket.  He thinks, I have it, I shall spend it.  (Insert big eye roll here.)  So Harry calls me one day a few weeks ago to tell me he's going to a friend's house that lives about 30 minutes away.  Mommy brain goes into overdrive here.  I'm thinking to myself; why in the world does he need to go out there?  So I ask him what he's doing.  Um...nothing, is his reply.

Danger, Danger, Danger Will Robinson!  The mommy sensors go on high alert.
Oh really, you're just heading out there; for nothing what so ever?  No really Harry, what are you doing?
OK, he says, I bought a GoPed & my friend is going to clean out the motor for me.

A picture of the aforementioned GoPed
Excuse me, did you just say you bought a GoPed?  For those of you who don't know, a GoPed is a motorized scooter.
Yes, he said, I bought it off of Craigslist.
Well, this story just keeps getting better!  Kids and technology.
Harry, you didn't go to someone's house to get this thing did you?
No, I met them at Waffle House.
Well at least I know he has a little bit of sense. (Only to come back and find out it was a WH in a not so good part of town.)  Oye, what am I going to do with this child.

He said the guy looked like Vanilla Ice.  Well, that's just great.  So now my child has a GoPed that used to belong to Vanilla Ice that he can ride around the neighborhood.  (insert another REALLY big eye roll here.)  Harry's excuse was that it was better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.  That's only because he knows I probably would have said no, or I would have gone with him to get
 said GoPed.  There are some days I think that child has lost his ever-loving mind.

I will say, he has had a ton of fun riding it around the neighborhood & at the lake.  He's just one of those kids who loves his toys.  I need to find him the sign that says "The one who dies with the most toys wins."  Oh well, it could always be worse, and if this is the only thing he does, we doing pretty good.  I guess it's all in how you look at it.

Celebrating life & crazy teenage boys!
~ashley

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go