Total Transformation? Not for Me.

This is going to be a rant from me today.  I just wanted you to know ahead of time.

First, we live in a very child centered culture.  Second, our culture is growing more hedonistic.  It really hacks me off if you want to know the truth.  Because of these two things we have children who have no respect for anything.  They are self-centered and uncontrollable.  Most parents who allow this, think that letting their children 'find their own way' is a good thing.  But then later lament their child's mouth and behavior. 

Hey parents, what did you expect? 

Did you expect to allow your child to do what ever they wanted & then when they become teenagers and are out of control that they are suddenly going to respect your word and be obedient?  That is not how it works.  Have y'all heard of this total transformation program to change your child's behavior?  I think it's great that a mom has come up with it, but at the same time I think it's just sad that it was needed in the first place.


The greatest job title I've ever owned is Mom!
Proverbs 22:6 ~ Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I don't want a total transformation of my child.  The bible says we are to train up a child.  Proverbs 4, Proverbs 22:6 & Ephesians 6:4.  (there are a lot more, but these are just a few)  The problem with this line of thinking for most is that you have to actually subscribe that what the Lord has said is truth.  You have to admit that He knows better than you do.  So, what I see is that the apples don't fall far from the trees.

Training involves a parent to be constant.  I know parents who are constant in training for sports (either for themselves or for their children) or work, but pouring that kind of training into the shaping of their children is "too much work", and they don't want to be overbearing parents.  (you have to say that last part of the sentence with extreme sarcasm.)  What Ever!  I don't want my children to be morally bankrupt and totally dependent on everyone else for everything when they are grown-ups.  I want my four kiddos first to be Godly ~ I want them to seek the Lord in everything and for everything; second, I want them to be loving and family oriented; third, kind to others and those less fortunate; and fourth, good productive citizens who have jobs and give back to our country.  Really I could combine several of those, but if they can be set apart for Christ first, the other three will follow.

Total transformation; not in this family.  The training of our children began the day they were born.  It started and will always be continued through love.  From the moment I knew I was pregnant with each one, I loved them more than they will ever know!  The greatest job title I have or will ever have is Mom.

Celebrating Life & a training up children!
~ashley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go