Hellllooooo...

...long time no post.  I know I'm not going to make 366 posts, at the rate I'm going I hope I make 300.  I have to fight for computer time at night &I've been running ragged during the days, so posting has not been the easiest of things to do.  I know...don't tell me what you can't do, just tell you what you can.

Right now I'm trying to bypass working out & folding clothes.  :)  I need to workout, badly.  I was going to workout earlier, but I decided to:  make a snack for Hop to take to Lauren's house for the SEC championship game; I worked with Henry on being able to tell the difference between nouns, adjectives, and verbs; I changed 3 can light bulbs that blew out; I cleaned out my refrigerator; and I started a new load of laundry.  Now I'm writing to postpone working out just a little longer.  I may go upstairs and see how the cleaning of rooms is going.  I love it when things are cleaned up and cleaned out.  That reminds me, I need to take the last three Christmas decoration boxes up to the attic.  That could take a good 10 minutes.  :)  I know I'll feel better if I workout, I'm just not motivated.

I have tons of random things rolling around in the belfry, and you never know which one is going to come to the forefront.  While cleaning out the fridge I started thinking about conflict resolution between children.  I know that is so totally random.  I started to smile as I thought about it.  I'm not talking about big conflicts, just the little ticky ones like: whose turn is it to take out the garbage; mow the grass/edge/weed eat; unload the dishwasher; load the dishwasher.  Well you get the picture.  How we handle that around here is paper, rock, scissors.  It's perfect.  The children can't claim favoritism; they are the one who won/lost.  They can't claim the other person cheated, well they've tried & we just tell them to do the best 3/5 or 5/7 depending.  The loser gripes, but not as much as you would think & you better believe that they remember whose turn it is the next time a chore comes around.  It's funny.

Oh well, I guess I'm going to workout a bit.  I would like to have a shower before I start folding clothes & at the rate I'm going I won't shower until 10pm tonight.

Celebrating Life & totally random thoughts!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro