This is Betty Crocker Reporting Live


Every Friday night the fam can be found at the football field.  With having a child on the team, it would take a team of wild horses to drag us away.  Plus, big Hopson is the head of the varsity chain gang, so every home game he is on the sidelines working.  Away games are tough from him, he hates just sitting there.  It's really funny.  I just take pictures...I've been averaging about 200 a game.  Document, document, document.

Hop recovered a fumble on this play
One night a friend from high school sent me a face book message asking:  "Hey Betty Crocker, what's going on in the high school football game."  At first I was a little perturbed.  I mean, I know I'm a mom.  I like to cook, but calling me Betty Crocker was taking it a bit over the line.  Then I had a dose of reality & realized I am BC.  So, I've decided to own it, and when I do my game face book reporting, I sign in and out as Betty Crocker.  It's kinda funny, and it lets everyone, who couldn't make it to the game, know how the team is doing.  It's hard to believe that we won't be doing this next year.  I'll go back to only doing little league games.  Weird!

My favorite guy on the
chain gang!
We are in week 8 of the season & have a record of 6 wins & 1 loss.  Not too shabby.  This Friday is an away game, so I know I'll be doing quite a bit of color commentary.  I feel like Olympia Dukakis in Steel Magnolias.  Know I report on what Ouiser talks about & I'm NOT in the locker room.  Just in my bird's eye seat!  On a side note, did you know that the people in Steel Magnolia's are real?  I have a friend who knew the real Shelby, and has talked to the real Ouiser.  She said she is a very Godly woman & loves to share her faith.  I think that is so cool.  I love the movie too.

Well, I'm off to continue my day!  But know that come Friday night, under the lights, Betty will be reporting live!

Celebrating Life & being Betty Crocker,
~ashley

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro