I Asked for a Virgin

I even asked nicely.  I have sacrifices I need to make.  Just kidding.  In case you didn't know, I'm allergic to alcohol.  Yes, it includes all kinds of alcohol.  Even if it's clear without sulfides I will have a reaction.  It's really pretty.  Think temporary hives & swelling.  Yeah, it's great.

Last night I went out to dinner with a group of girlfriends.  It was hot & humid...duh, it's summer in Alabama.  My hair was exceptionally big, but that's another story.  I asked my waiter if I could have a virgin margarita.  It's a limeade with salt, but hey, I was in the mood for it.  It was so pretty when he brought it out.  It was limey & I really wanted to use the glass as a salt lick, but decided to use my manners instead.

The first sip was so refreshing.  After about 3 sips, I started wondering if there was some alcohol in the drink.  I was starting to laugh a little  more, and I noticed a little buzzed feeling in my head.  One more sip & that was all I needed to know, this drink was for sure alcoholic.   I looked over to the people on my end of the table to ask if my face was getting red.  They didn't need to say a word, their eyes gave me the affirmation I needed.  Fun times.  On top of my face becoming hivey, my neck becoming splotchy as well.  Needless to say I didn't finish my drink, but instead chugged four glasses of tepid water with melted ice.  Humidity....  

People on my end of the table asked me if I needed a ride home.  I said I was good, but for them the good news is that Fun Bobby had now arrived!  Do you remember Fun Bobby from Friends?  He was the guy who was only fun after he had consumed a few adult beverages.  Yeah, Fun Bobby is great.  Fun Ashley can be pretty crazy.  I'm crazy enough without any alcohol in my system.  I laughed a little longer & louder, talked a little more, and had even stronger opinions than I usually have.  This was from 4 sips of my margarita.  Oy vey, you can't take me anywhere!  No worries though, I'm all good today.  

Celebrating life & making sure I ask for a VIRGIN margarita a little more loudly next time!
~ashley

PS ~ you'll be sad to know my FitBit died a horrible death last night.  No it didn't drown in my drink, but died trying to update.  Thanks FB, it was working great even with the tape on it.  :(  Notice I upgraded to electrical tape.  It blended much better. 
RIP FitBit, you were a great motivator.  :(



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro