If You Have to Run...Run with Friends

Henry & some of his friends
Every Saturday there are many 5Ks/ fun runs all over the country, and thousands of people who run in them.  Elizabeth, Henry & I participated in one today.  It was a lot of fun.  We saw tons of friends and had a great time supporting our city.

But...you knew there was a but coming...I really don't like to run.  As a matter of fact, I can't stand it.  I've tried to like it; I really have. But in reality, I just don't.  I don't get that runner's high.  I just really hate life when I'm running.  Now, if you want me to do Zumba for several hours, or go on an elliptical rider, or walk a really long way with my friend Ashley, OK, I'd be happy to.  My endorphins get kicked in & I could go, and have gone for hours.  :)  In my world, running bad, everything else good.  If you see me running, for almost any reason, please, for the love of all that's good, call the police.  If I'm running, someone will more than likely be chasing me. 

Elizabeth and her friends
You'll be glad to know that I did jog today, actually a lot.  My shins are screaming.  :/  See, running bad.  Despite everything I'm complaining about, I did have a good time.  It's always fun to have so many people come together to support something they all believe in.  Elizabeth & I may walk a 5K in a few weeks.  I hope I'll be up for it.  I wish we could do Zumba for charity.  I could rock that out!!!

I have decided that if I have to run, I want to run with friends!  I have to have someone there to drag my fanny to the finish!  ;)

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

  1. I'm with you on the running thing. For YEARS, I've said, "If I'm running, you'd better run too! Something's chasing me and all I have to do is run faster than you!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro