Double Take

I'm surfing the net while I wait for the clothes in the washing machine to be done so I can start the next load.  I'm scrolling on a page and Elle magazine has some pictures with the tagline:  'Denim gets a Daring New Makeover'.  Well, well.  I think I want to see this.  I may be 40, but I haven't totally fallen off the fashion wagon yet.  I'm looking and scrolling, and I have to say their 2012 denim guide has me wanting to cry.  Guess what's back?  The 80's.  Oh my, the 80's.

Do you remember the 80's?  I do, I am a child of the 80's.  Big hair, Very big hair, maxi skirts, pencil skirts, ruffles, pencil leg pants and jeans, rompers.  So far, everything in the 2012 denim guide is a flashback to the 80's.  The only thing I didn't see was the big hair.  I'm afraid, very afraid.  You know what's going to be next....shoulder pads.  Remember those?  We all looked like linebackers with them in our blazers.  For all of you who love hipster pants...those are out, and high waisted is in.  Yes, they are back in.  You know who can wear pencil leg pants: super skinny 6'2 models.  Those pants are not kind, therefore, I will choose to not wear them, no matter how cute they look on the model. 

I do have to say though, the skirt you see on the right I really like.  Now I'm only 5'2, so I can't pull it off, but I still like it.  I would look I was trying to play dress-up.  Oh well, I'll have to try on and modify the best I can, because I'll never be tall & never be bone thin.  :/  I will take a little heart, it takes fashion a few years to make it down here, so I'm good for a bit. 

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick