Thought Provoking and Beautiful

I read quite a few things today.  All of the were much more thought provoking than anything I would write.  I wanted to share them with you.  There are four articles I want you to read.  Try not to cry with some of them, because if you can, you're a stronger person than I am.

Story 1:
A beautiful CaringBridge posting by Bill Black, father to three beautiful children and husband to Laura, who passed away one month ago today.  The posting are his thoughts about his wife and his life since she passed away.  Beautifully written and moving. 

Stories 2 and 3:
Miracles happen everyday in every circumstance, even when someone has given into evil.  Everyone has heard about the shooting in Aurora by now, but what you may not have heard are some of the miracles that have happened because of it.  The first story is about a woman who was shot four times:  three times in the arm and once in the head.  The second story is written by a woman who was in the movie theater, just a few rows down from the shooter.  Both stories are beautiful and show how even when evil and chaos are trying to make a run, God's peace and presence is ever with us.

Story 4:
I read this on foxnews.com.  It's about Chick-fil-A taking a stand on what they believe and how the left is attacking them.  I love Chick-fil-A.  I love what they stand for; yes, I am a Christian conservative, and no, I'm not going to apologize for it.  I'm not going to bash or hate those who disagree with me either.  Jesus never used hate, shame or condemnation to turn someones heart.  He used love.  His love sheds light in the dark places, and I pray that it will illuminate dark places for all of us. 

When I posted this link on my facebook page, this is what I wrote:  "I don't think I would call the left being militant in this case, just hate-mongering, like they accuse the right of all the time. If a company wants to support anything on the leftist agenda they are considered heroes and progressive in their thinking. Chick-fil-A has made a stand for what they believe and are totally bashed by it. Double standards don't work. Support them or don't support them, it is a personal choice, but don't bash them for using their 1st amendment rights, which as of right now are guaranteed under the constitution, to practice what they preach."


I liked these posts today, and I hope they are meaningful to you too.

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro