Look It Up for Yourself

Look it up for yourself.... This was a common phrase in my home growing up.  My mom & dad would almost NEVER answer a question for us.  They would tell us to look it up for ourselves, or if it was a math problem, we had to try to solve it first by ourselves.  When I was young, I hated this phrase more than anything. 

Come on mom, just tell me the answer!  But you know what, she was right not to tell it to me, because she knew I would remember it better if I had to take the time to find it.  Remember young people, these were the days before computers.  I mean, we had to use the card catalog to find books in the library.  It took time to find answers I was looking for, it wasn't googled and then over 1 million options pop up.  You prayed you could find at least one.

It's funny how we will take something on the Internet, news or any media source and assume it's true.  WRONG!  Hey guys, look it up for yourself.  Go back to the source.  The media is the worst at taking a phrase and turning it how they want it to sound to get their point across and not even reference where they heard, saw, or read it in the first place.  This applies to both sides of the isle....  When I was in school, that would be MAJOR points off a paper or in college an F.  Take your pick.

Everyone has been talking about Dan Cathy and his remarks that were made over 10 days ago about his wonderfully delicious company Chick-fil-A, and what they believe.  I want you to read the original article in the Baptist Press for yourself.  See if you notice anything that was left out by our friends at CNN. 

Veddy intelesting...let me know what YOU think.  Personally, I love CFA, I love what they do, and how they do it.  Yes, I am a conservative Christian, and no, I'm not going to apologize for it.  I'm not militant, but I'm 40 years old & I have my own viewpoints and I'm not afraid to share them.  (see past 227 posts.)

Read the article, and EAT MOR CHICKN!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro