My Cutie Pie Date



Henry & me outside the theater.
I had a date today.  No, not with Hopson; wish, but no.  I had a date with my favorite 10 year old, Henry.

Our orthodontist and friend, Dr. Jeff, rents out a movie theater once a summer and gives his patients plus one friend, free passes to see a movie!  The other children already had plans, so Hen & I went.  It was nice because it's never just the two of us.  Today we saw Ice Age 4.  Very funny & very cute, and it actually has some good themes in it.  I love it when they combine funny & helpful life lessons into children's movies. 

Hopefully all the little people, and bigger little people who see it will pick-up on those themes:  being a true friend; being yourself; making the right decision; saying you're sorry when you make a mistake; forgiveness; loving family members you might see as a little weird; the importance of family; parents having trouble letting go and letting their children grow up.  That last one hit a little close to home.  For me it's not a trust issue, it's a 'I'm not ready to accept that children are growing up' issue.

I love this crazy squirrel!
I have to admit that I was not really excited about seeing this movie.  Lots of sequels...oui.  They made fun of Rocky for having five or six different movies in the series, why not children's movies.  Rocky IV is still my favorite out of them all.  I was pleasantly surprised by the fourth Ice Age, and I highly recommend this movie for your little people and big people alike. 



Make a date of it, you'll be glad you did!  Thanks Dr. Jeff!!!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick