What It Means to Me

Happy 4th of July!!!

I've been reading the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights a lot lately.   The documents are beautifully written.  If you've never read them as an adult, I highly recommend it.  There are phrases in the there that just hit you in the heart.  They give you a hint as why the founding fathers wanted something not only different, but something better.

Something better.  Something free.  Something that put it's people before anything else because it's the people that make this country great.  I love it that our country wants to invest in people.  It makes us special and unique.  One of the things that I read in the Declaration of Independence says:  "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."  Did anything you read catch your attention?  The words:  provide new guards for their future security.  WOW! 

We have the right, no, the privilege to find new guards for our country's security if the ones that are there now aren't doing the job.  The people who rule our country, I think, have forgotten why they are there.  They are to be the guardians of our country.  Do they realize this?  Do they know what that means?

When I think of our military, I think of people who are guardians.  I think of the generations of men and women who have stepped into the gap for our safety.  Securing our right to have a free nation.  I often think that the way we live is a slap in the face to them.  They are the guardians of our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.  Nothing more, nothing less, but it is everything our country is founded on.

In a little over 4 months we will be voting for many different offices in our great country. The office of President being one of them.  I want someone who wants to step up and be a guardian of our country.  Someone who wants to inspire others to serve as guardians as well. 

This is what the 4th means to me.  I love this country.  I love the men who saw what our nation could be and were brave enough to dream it, and fight to ensure it.  God bless the USA!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go