Dream a Little Dream

Dream Team [dreem teem]
noun
1.  A group of lay people with the same vision of bringing glory to Christ by loving God and loving people at Church of the Highlands. 

The good thing about being on the Dream Team is that it's not just adults who serve.  Y'all already know how I feel about teenagers.  (especially the ones I serve with on Sundays.)

Every year our church hosts a Dream Team party to celebrate those who serve.  We have:  greeters, info desk, kid's check-in, Highlands Kids, Highland's Preschool, Highland's Haven, small group leaders, Dream Center, Dream Team serve, prayer force, Switch, Worship Team, Worship Guide, ushers, SideKicks, and many others I know I'm leaving out. (sorry y'all!) 

The adult leaders had a Cajun dinner party, but for the SideKicks, we had a MAC DADDY party!  Where do I start?  The first thing I need to do is say a HUGE thank you to our children's pastor, Mrs. Beth who gave the thumbs up for the party & to the HK staff for all their hard planning on this party.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say the kids had a blast!

So the kids arrive at the first room and are greeted by a group of adults cheering for them.  How fun is that?  You have people clapping and cheering you as you enter.  We all need a hand clap every now & then.

Next we had a fun dinner...hamburgers, chicken fingers, nachos, popcorn, cookies, brownies, cotton candy and more coke than you can shake a stick at.  (the kiddos were pretty wired for the rest of the night!)  Before we ate we let the SK mingle and the boys found a ball & I don't know what they were playing, but I know they were laughing & loud.  While eating we watched a Tim Hawkins video.   If you've never heard his comedy, oh my he's funny!  You can also check him out on YouTube, good stuff!

So they're sitting there, eating & laughing, and thinking that this is all there was to their DT party...but oh no, the fun hadn't really begun.  Because we have what every kids loves (and a lot of adults too) inflatables!!!  A bull riding thing, Velcro jump, and a crazy ladder that was totally impossible, but to fun to watch someone try to do.

We had more fun than should be allowed in church.  (or at least I had fun!)  If you're going to have fun I can't think of a better place to have it than at God's house.  I don't serve to get a pat on the back or a party, but it's nice to be recognized for all the hard work we do.  The best part is getting to dream about where this ministry is going in the future, and the impact these teenagers are having for the Kingdom...what a God thing, and I'm just happy to be along for the ride!

I love you HKSK with all my heart!!!  Y'all are salt and light and you make me smile.

Celebrating Life with an incredible group of teenagers!
~ashley




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go