I Love Groundhog Day!

Look at all the people!!!
Yes, it's the day we all know and love, Groundhog Day, and for some odd reason, I LOVE IT!  The day when we depend on a rodent to let us know if we'll have an early spring or 6 more weeks of winter.  If I was a groundhog, I'd put my vote in for an early spring.  But, because it's been so warm these last few weeks I wouldn't be surprised if winter hangs on with all its got.  Boo cold weather, it makes me sad, and no one likes a sad mommy. ;)  BTW, Phil did see his shadow, so six more weeks of winter.

I think Punxsutawney Phil is the national groundhog.  He lives in Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, PA.  There is an actual Punxsutawney Groundhog Club.  Love it!!!  I wonder if they have honorary memberships?  I think I would like one.  It may be a men's club though, because every time I see pictures there are only guys in it.  They all look so happy, and you know what, I think I would be too. 
Do you see the resemblance
 to the picture above?

If you've never seen the movie Groundhog Day, please go rent it.  It has some classic scenes.  You know how much the fam loves to quote movies!  Remember..."don't drive angry!"  Ha!  I think I'm going to have to watch that movie at some point today.  :)

Celebrating Life, wonderfully hilarious movies & rodents that predict the weather!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro