Brookstone Fun

We don't go to the mall.  It's hard to get in and out quickly because it seems you always get sucked into stores that you really didn't plan to go into in the first place.  And, it happened today.

The first thing you need to know is that this week has been the appointments week for all the children:  orthodontist:  three boys are looking good, eight of E's baby teeth won't come out, and her teeth are kinda jacked up, I think our ortho, Dr. Jeff was a little too excited about it; pediatrician:  everyone is doing great & they are all healthy, they were stabbed and shot by the lab and nurses, Harry was the most unhappy about it; and finally today, the dentist:  all four cavity free, E may have to have six or seven teeth pulled in six
                                                             months, oh goodie. 

Because everyone went to the dentist and we were close to the mall, we took a trip to get Hopson's father's day presents.  He is very picky, and told me what he wanted.  Yea!!!  No guess work this year.  He wanted some new work shoes.  OK, if that's what you want that's great.  Shoes, check.

Next we needed to go to the Lego store for Hen's birthday present from his grandparents.  GiGi wanted him to pick out what he wanted; it took all of 10 minutes.  I have two words for you:  The Avengers.  He knew what he wanted, so check, have birthday gift from grandparents.  While Henry was picking out his Lego's, Hop & Harry decided to go to Brookstone.  They have the best gadgets to play with, and they encourage you to play with them...it's great! 

Of course Hop & Harry told us we had to go see some of the new things they had.  I was howling with laughter & of course I immediately pulled out my phone to take pictures.  I mean, how could I not?  (see pictures 1 and 2 from above...I think they speak for themselves.)  I think the people who worked there thought we were a little crazy, but I hope they thought we were the good kind of crazy, and had a good laugh at us.  It's good to be able to laugh together as a family.  I think it's missing from too many families.  You have to be able to laugh at yourself.  Yes, I said at, and didn't mean with.  If you do something boneheaded, and it's something you can laugh at, than do it.  You'll feel better.  Plus, if you're laughing with yourself, I have some very special friends, with a pretty white jacket you might need to meet.  Just kidding!  :)

We were laughing hysterically by the time we left & we had a great time with some Brookstone fun!

Celebrating Life & lots of laughing at ourselves!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro