OK Mom, You Can Leave Now...


...What?  What do you mean it's ok for me to leave? 

We have been very blessed in that none of our children have had to have any surgeries.  Stitches, glue, and casts, yes, but no surgeries.  I've even helped hold my children down while they are getting their stitches so they wouldn't have to be put into a papoose, but I've never been asked to leave the room.  I have to say, I didn't like the helpless feeling that washed over me as I walked out and closed the door behind me.

It was had to release my baby, (yes, I know he's not a baby because he's almost 18, but he'll always be my baby) into the complete care of another.  It was very scary for me.  You will be glad to know that I didn't cry.  I really, really wanted to, but I held it in.  I could hear Hop in my mind telling me how stupid I was being, so I sucked it up and dealt with it.

Thank goodness getting your wisdom teeth taken out is not as major as many other surgeries friends' children have had to go through.  I know it's routine, I know most children have it, but this was my child, and it was a big deal to me.

The surgery took less than an hour, and he handled it like a champ.  He was so high when I went to check on him, that the only thing I could do was laugh.  A little of it was relief and a little was because he was just funny.  You all know that 'whew' moment you have when you lay your eyes on your child. 

On the way home, before we picked up his painkillers, we bought a vanilla shake from McD's and I can't remember when I have laughed so hard at one of my children.  He had the shake coming out of his mouth and down the front of his shirt.  What am I going to do with this crazy kid?  I guess just love him!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick