do you hear what I hear...

...Nothing except for the clicking of my keyboard keys.  (and the lawnmower my neighbor us using)  Oh sweet silence.  I love you and have missed you so much.  I can't remember the last time we were able to hang out together.  :)

It's quiet right now.  It wasn't earlier, and won't be later, but it is right now.  You always hear that you should live in the now.  Well, I'm livin' and lovin' it & sharing it with you.  It's amazing how clearly I can think with silence.  The term silence is golden is bouncing around in my head.  You may be wondering why my house is quiet on this beautiful Saturday morning.  (or not...but I'm going to tell you any way.)

Hop left bright and early to go take the SAT test...one gone.  Around 8:30 this morning Hopson took all the other kiddos to the lake overnight...four more out the door.  Yippee!!!  It could be, hands down, one of the nicest things he's done for me.  I now for the next two hours have complete and total silence before Hopper comes home & turns on ESPN.  He's turning into his dad.  But for now, it's amazing.  I can actually hear the humming of the fridge.

You know I can't imagine what it will be like when Hopson and I are empty nesters.  We are so far from that point that it seems it will never happen.  I felt this way about diapers after Henry was born.  I thought we would have someone in diapers forever, but those days went away too.  I know I love the silence because I don't have it very much.  It usually about perspective. 

So right now, I'm going to make up my bed, get in a little workout, and enjoy the beauty of silence for just a little while. :)

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick