I've Done Gone Shootin'

 Hop asked me today if I needed him for anything this afternoon.  I told him that as long has he had folded and put away his clothes then the answer was no.  I then proceeded to ask him why.  He gave me a smile and sweetly asked if he could go shoot guns with his friend Will.  O..K..that was like the last question I expected.  I don't know why, we're southern, we own guns, he hunts, and has taken a gun safety course.  I guess I just didn't expect it to come from him.  Harry is my child that loves different weapons.


I texted Hop to ask if he and Will were being careful & having fun.  He gave me a yes and nothing more.  I think they were having too much of a good time to chat with their mom who just wanted to check in.  :/ 

They just came home a little while ago, and they did have fun.  But, who doesn't have a good time shooting guns?  I love to shoot guns.  It's been a few years since I shot one, but I still like too.  We really love it when the Auction Hunters find a cool gun (usually an antique or military issued weapon) and take it to see if it still shoots and how much it's worth.  I like a lot of the antique guns, I think they're pretty.  Hoppy is actually shooting, I think, my grandfather's left handed gun.  It helps to have one if you're a southpaw.  Will's gun has a bayonet on it, very cool.

What can I say?  We're red blooded Americans who firmly believe in the second amendment.  :) 

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro