Changes and Memory Problems


The map of Opelika.

My parents grew up in Opelika, Alabama.  It's close to Auburn University for those of you who have never heard of it.  It's just a little southern town in eastern Alabama.  My parents are buried there as well. 

The Opelika/Auburn area has grown tremendously in the last 20 years.  Almost to the point where I have trouble remembering where everything is.  I was driving through Opelika today on my way home & wanted to go by the cemetery.  No, I don't think it's morbid, I'm not in the area often, and wanted to go by.  I haven't been there in at least 12 years.  Things have changed so much I couldn't find it.  I was a little upset.  You know when you get your mind set on something and then you can't follow through?  It nags at me until I can't stand it.

I'm going to do some virtual mapping on the computer to see if I can find it.  I know what it looks like in my mind, and I want to find it.  It bothers me that much.  Yes, I have OCD.  I will find it.  I am determined to.  Then I will be able to go by & at least clean off their markers.  I wish I could keep some gardenias alive to place on their graves.  Gardenias were their flower.

Oh well, I'm going to do some mapping now & see if I can find it.  I'll let you know tomorrow!

Celebrating Life,
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro