Where's My Hand Basket?

You know why I need it?  Because we're headed somewhere in it, and it's a place that feels hotter than they are predicting it's going to be in Alabama on Saturday.  (106, just in case you're wondering.)  I know my blog is normally happy happy touchy feely, but I'm not happy happy today.  I'm stinkin' mad.  About two different issues no less.  You may think that this blog is not a place for me to express my views on politics, but hey guess what; you are free to leave at any point, so...here I go.

Issue number 1:
The ObamaCare tax. 
Yes, it's a tax.  I know it was promised not to be a health care tax, but that's what it is.  A lot of people, a lot smarter than I am, knew it was a tax.  They've been telling us it was a tax.  You know what the left said?  No, it's not a tax.  It's a way for everyone to have healthcare.  It's a way for everyone to be fair.  Well guess what?  Life's not fair.  People who can't afford healthcare can still get it; it's just not the same level that people who are willing to pay for it can get.  My tax dollars help to fund that healthcare already, and last time I checked, they are getting the care they need. 

Other countries and states have socialized healthcare, do you know what has happened to them?  The people, who can afford to, come to the US because they don't have to wait for 6 months for an MRI that might save their lives, because if they wait the 6 months they'll be dead.  The states that have a version of ObamaCare have health systems that are bankrupt.  No money for services.  That benefits everyone the same, which is not at all.  

I don't want the government telling me I have to wait to have a MRI, surgery, or any procedure for that matter.  The really scary thing is that "Government controlled healthcare will allow the government to apply it's value on human life." ~Aime Beth Shaver.  Guess what that means?   Are you old?  Are you sickly?  Well, you're probably not going to live that much longer anyway, so you don't get to have that MRI, surgery, chemo, or radiation treatment you need.  It's a form of genocide.  You don't want that baby you're carrying?  No problem, we'll give you an abortion, paid for by my tax dollars.  Wrong, its all wrong.  Like I said, where's my hand basket?

Do I believe there needs to be reform in health care?  Yes, but you don't "pass this bill (ObamaCare) so we can find out what's in it" ~Nancy Pelosi.  That is just stupid.  That's like stepping into a fire ant bed to see if they will bite you.  How about we, the American public, get off our lazy hineys and do something about this.  Like I said, I'm mad.

Issue number 2:
The Stolen Valor Law
The SCOTUS (supreme court) decided it was free speech, and not a federal crime, for anyone to claim they have received military-honor medals, even if that person was not in the military.  What?  Have they lost their ever loving minds?  So, on my resume, I can put that I've received a medal for military service, when I've never been in the military?  Yes, I can.

How can we have the gall to cheapen our military in such a way?  Why don't we just tell them to their faces that we think their service is worthless?  I think the wonderful men and women who fight for our freedom everyday deserve for us to make their sacrifices mean something.  They spend months and years away from their families, voluntarily; around people who try, on purpose, to kill them; and you want to let Joe Shmoe over here, who's trying to impress someone to get a job, claim military medals, when the closest thing he's done militarily is play Black Ops?   Uh, no.

So, here's the gist:
To my children, I promise to try my best to fix this mess I have allowed to happen.  Even though I've voted, and thought I've done my civic duty, it is not enough.  Our country was founded on some beautiful principles, of which I have allowed to be trampled upon.  I am sorry.  I want you to read what the men who founded our beautiful country said,  because our founders hit the nail on the head:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."  (underline added by me)

Knowing that I live in the greatest country of all time, praying for change, and still Celebrating Life!
~ashley


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro