I'm Still a Cheap Date

our first date
When Hopson and I started dating, I thought I would be cute and tell him I was a cheap date.  Needless to say he eyeballed me and asked me exactly what I meant by that statement. 

I informed him that I'm a cheap date because you don't have to worry about me racking up a huge tab at the bar.  My body has never tolerated alcohol well.  My ears can turn bright red; I get red blotches all over my face; and one drink can have me crawling on the floor.  Needless to say, I don't drink things that have alcohol in them. (unless I have some sort of wish to be sick the next day)  Plus, I'm crazy enough without adding to it.

For our anniversary Sunday night we decided to go out to dinner at the spur of the moment.  The restaurant we wanted to go to was closed.  Because we didn't think to plan ahead, and didn't want to spend a lot of money on dinner we decided to go eat inexpensive Mexican.  As per most restaurants like this, our food was brought to us in record time.  I looked at him and laughed and said:  "well, this may be the shortest date we will ever have".  We ended up staying over an hour and just talking.  I can't remember the last time we did that, just the two of us talking, laughing, debating.  I forgot how much I like doing that with him.  I forget how incredibly smart he is. 

At the end of the dinner Hopson looked at me and said:  "Well, you're still a cheap date."  I love that man...he makes me laugh.  I'm glad to know that some things won't change no matter how old I get.  I'll always be a cheap date.

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro