Someone Needs Her Beauty Sleep

I need to give a shout out to Hoppy & Harry's friends and teachers who read this blog...Hey y'all!  Especially Joe D. (that's from Harry)  Joe, Hop came up with last night's post title & it was so cheesy I had to use it.  You may have thought it was stupid but you read it didn't you?  Ha Ha!

I miss my sleep.  I don't remember when it decided to leave, but I really want it to come back.  We can be best buds & I won't complain one bit!!!  I remember my mom getting insomnia when she was my age.  My mother-in-law has it too.  Come to think about it, most women I know have some form of it.  Can I tell you, insomnia stinks?

I need sleep, I'm unproductive and cranky when I don't get it.  (my children would quip that I must not be sleeping at all)  I'll have one great night of sleep & then a few nights in a row I wake up at odd times in the middle of the night.  By nature I'm an early riser, but I hate to get out of bed before 4:30.  There's just something not right about getting up before then.  (unless you have to be at work super early...then it's ok)

Another quirky thing you need to know about me is that I set my alarm clock 10 minutes fast.  Yes, I know it's set ahead when I look at the clock.  No, I'm not going to change it.  I originally did it so I could be 10 minutes early everywhere I went, but now I just remember it is 10 minutes ahead & that I have a little extra time to do what ever I was in the middle of. 


I woke up the other morning & couldn't go back to sleep.  Knowing I was wide awake with it being pitch black outside made me frustrated, so I rolled over & this is what I saw...

Um, really are you kidding me?  4:19, or really 4:09?  Yuck.  I refused to get out of the bed.  Have you ever done that?  Known you couldn't go back to sleep no matter how hard you tried, but didn't get out of bed just on principle.  Well, this is where I was.  I decided to read.  I knew it would relax me, and would also make the time go by a little faster.  I'm happy to report that reading helped, and I didn't get out of bed until 5.  I think tonight I'll take a melatonin & pray that Hopson doesn't snore so I get get at least a little sleep. Because mama needs her beauty sleep!  LOL!

Celebrating Life & a good night's sleep!
~ashley


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go