Messy Apron...Clean Sleeves


my favorite apron

As you may know, I like to cook.  I have a favorite apron that I like to wear, especially if I know it's going to be messy.  Henry informed me that I needed to wash it.  When I told him that I had, he screwed his face up & told me I needed to wash it better.  I have to agree with him, it looks a little dirty.  But, my goal is as they say in the movie Ratatouille:  "Messy apron, clean sleeves".  It took a long time to get it this messy, and I think that's why it's my favorite.



Tonight for some unknown reason, I offered to make homemade sweet and sour chicken.  As soon as the words left my mouth I think Hopson started to drool.  His answer was, 'Oh yes mam please!'.  Whom ever he marries will have an easy life cooking because that child will eat almost anything.  He's sore from starting back football off season & lacrosse getting cranked up.  He will be in great shape in a few weeks, but I'm glad dinner will make him happy. 


I realized that it was going to be a pain cooking this when I remembered the chicken is fried.  It's not that it's a hard dish or even too time consuming to make, it's just frying chicken...the clean-up is yuck.  But for the fam, I'm happy to do it...tonight.  (I made enough for them to have for breakfast tomorrow.)  I do have to say, it looks pretty.  I like it when food looks pretty and tastes good.  I think I'll go have a bit now.

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro