Welcome to the World!

Happy birthday Henry Cotton Lowe IV!  I don't think I could be happier...even if I was twins!  Today is a wonderful, happy, super fantastic kind of day.  I have a new nephew!  He was born today at 2:19 PM.  He weighs 8 pounds 9 ounces, and we have been waiting impatiently for him to arrive since June.  I think he's beautiful!  Mom and baby are doing great.

Cotton called me last night to let me know Leah's water broke at 11 PM (eastern) and they were headed to the hospital.  They had planned to go in Monday January 16th for a scheduled induction, but the baby decided not to wait.  Children will do that sometimes. 




My older three had their cell phones on them today so I could send them updates.  Each one sent me texts wondering if the baby was born.  I think they're as excited as I am.  Hopson has been texting me too.  There is no greater joy than when a baby is born!  What a wonderful miracle.  I can't wait to meet my new nephew in person soon.

When I talked to Cotton a little while ago he sounded like a first time dad...a little shell shocked.    All you dads can relate.  I'm pumped and know they will need to hold on tight to this crazy wild ride, but they'll have a blast!

Celebrating new Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro