Ouch, That Hurt!

Well, I feel really great about myself about right now.  I had a 5 year old diss me at church today.  I know I shouldn't care about what a little kid says about me, but hey, he didn't have to cut me to the quick.

I have never had skinny legs.  (wanted, but never been able to acheive)  My dad's legs were like tree trunks, and I have legs that would make any linebacker salivate.  But today I was told my legs were fat.  Excuse me, what?  Did he say fat?  Oh yes, that is what he said...more than once I might add.  All he saw was the top of my calves through my cowboy boots, my knees, and about an inch of my thighs. 

Ok, I'm 40 and he's 5, so why am I worried about what some little, not nice boy says about me?  I mean, I know I'm not as skinny as I would like to be, but fat?  How about fluffy?  How about vertically challenged?  How about you not say mean things about your elders when they can take their big fat legs and stomp on your foot?  Oh, did that last sentence really come out?  I mean, we should say kind things to our teachers and friends, words can hurt.  Even if you're 40. I guess he also thinks I look as old as his grandmother. 

I decided to take a picture of my legs.  Have you ever tried it?  It's harder than you might think.  I finally had to get Elizabeth to take it for me.  So, here they are, my fat legs...


A little pale, but just about how they've always looked.  (minus the spider veins that have cropped up in the back, boo!) 

Oh well, I guess I'll be hitting the excercise routine pretty hard tomorrow to tone up a little more.  Oh goodie, what joy is mine. :/   Don't mind me, I'll just be nursing my wounded pride over in the corner if anyone cares!  Ha!

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro