No Fortune Cookie for You

We always go out to eat on our birthdays.  It's a highlight for the birthday person to pick out the place and everyone embarrass them & make a big deal of their birthday.  My family took great joy in doing this when we were growing up...my parents even started a spitball fight.  It went down hill from there, but, that's a story for another time! 

This year we did something a little different.  Hopson & I decided to combine our birthday dinners with Harry's.  We're December 26th, 30th and 31st.  Yes, it's sad but true.  But because Hopson & the children have spent so much time in the woods it was easier to do it this way. 

We let Harry choose the destination of our birthday lunch.  8 times out of 10 my children will choose to go to a Japanese Steak House for their birthday dinners.  I don't know why, but they love it & I think would eat it at least once a week.

Of course you can't leave  until you've read your fortune.  All of a sudden I hear Harry say:  "hey mom, I don't have a fortune in my cookie".  We all had a good laugh about it.  I Googled to see what it means  if you don't have a fortune in your cookie & couldn't find any meaning.  But in typical Harry fashion, he went to get another cookie, so he did end up with a fortune after all.

Harry's fortuneless cookie

Reading the new cookie's fortune
 
I think he liked his fortune.


Here is my fortune...
"You have a charming way with words.  Write a letter this week."
Here is my fortune.  I like what it said.  I don't know if I have a charming way with words, but I have found it's very cathartic to write. 

I have an update on Harry's driving.  Today was day two & he's doing great.  He jumps at any chance to drive which is nice, and he'll go & get the car warmed up for the rest of us, which is really nice!  If you see him behind the wheel, just give a little friendly toot of the horn & I'll know you're saying 'hey'.

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick