Family Time is My Favorite

I love spending time with my family.  I don't care what we're doing as long as we're together.  I could stay at home with the fam, and be happy as a clam. (I would be a great hermit!)  This past week we've had a lot of quality time; it is spring break after all.  No matter what we're doing we try to have fun.

I feel very blessed that my kiddos don't treat me with disdain.  (I don't think Hopson and I would allow them to anyway)  We try to do things that our children think is important, and we respect what our children have to say.  Hopson and I have found that respect is a two way street, and while we will get onto our children if they need it, we also give positive reinforcement when it is deserved.  We also don't allow our children to talk to us disrespectfully.  How something is said is just as important as what is said.  If they can't say something to me in a nice way, how can I trust them to treat other adults respectfully.  I'm going to brag...we have many more good days than bad.

It's hard to believe that another spring break is almost over.  Next year is Hoppy's last spring break before he goes off to college.  I don't think I'm ready for that, but it's coming whether I want it to or not.  I'm going to be hoarding this next year as much as I can.  Family time will always be my favorite!

Celebrating Life & family time,
~ashley 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro