Dang It, Momma was Right

...Again.  Momma was right about a lot of things.  I don't know if she was winging it, which is how I feel a lot of the time, or if she actually knew all the things she did.   


My Momma & Daddy circa 1991
I know you're asking yourself what she was right about.  Dieting...what else.  (My momma was a true size 0/2, so she knew how to watch her weight.)  I'm pretty focused on that part of my life right now since I really need to drop some poundage.  I've tried several different fad diets over the years, and what you read about them is spot on.  Once you stop doing eating their way, the weight, plus a little more comes back on.  It totally stinks, and who wants to live without carbs or fat, that just takes all the joy out of eating.

You know what momma said?  Watch what you put in your mouth; watch your portion size; and make sure you're not taking in more calories than you're burning each day.  WOW, what a novel concept, right?  You mean there is no magic pill or weight loss plan for me to get on?  No, no magic pill, just watch what & how much you eat chubs.  I'm not starving or depriving myself.  If I want something sweet, I eat something sweet, but I do write it down so I know how many calories I've taken in. (sweet stuff is LOADED with calories. :(  I could eat a whole bag of peanut butter M&M's by myself, so I think it's a bummer, but that's the way it is.)

It's kinda The Biggest Loser diet:  workout a ton & eat reasonably.  I'm not saying I like it, but it's better than the alternative which is being overweight, hating myself & none of my clothes fitting.  I have to say this lifestyle change is working.  Everything I've been wearing fits a little looser & I know I could ski in the archenemy

Well, here's to watching every bite that goes into the yapper & walking until my legs fall off.

Celebrating Life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro