Rebels, Break a Leg!

to dance

dans, dahns ~ verb, danced, danc·ing, noun
verb (used without object)
1. to move one's feet or body, or both, rhythmically in a pattern of steps, especially to the accompaniment of music.
2. to leap, skip, etc., as from excitement or emotion; move nimbly or quickly: to dance with joy.





I love to watch people dance who are good at it.  Tonight I was able to watch a group of very talented juniors and seniors in high school as they get ready to go to the NDA National Competition in Orlando, Florida.  The hours these girls spend preparing for this is amazing.  It's hours and hours of practice for just a few minutes on the stage.   But in all honesty, their training started when they were little girls. Tonight at their dress rehersal for parents, grandparents, boyfriends, and friends, these girls defined grace as they danced.  How beautiful they are!  (I'm glad they are doing the routines, because I don't think I could get my body to move that way anymore to save my life.)


Rebels, while you're in Orlando competing, Break a Leg!!!  I know you're going to be incredible and be a beautiful representation of the Rebel family.  Remember every drop of sweat, every frustration as you learned the dances, every sprained ankle, and leave it all out on the dance floor.  None of it matters for those few minutes.  The only thing that matters is the music and the dance.  So do what you all do best, just let it all go & dance.  Everyone back home will be thinking about y'all while you're gone, praying for your safety & for you to do your very best!  Make lots of memories because you'll cherish them when you're my age. :)  I'm so proud of you all & know you are going to rock it out at Nationals!  Go Rebels!!!

I have to give a shout-out to a special Rebellette, Hannah.  I've known her since the day she was born & she will always have a special place in my heart!  I love you Hannah banana.  You are a beautiful young woman of God & your beauty shines from the inside/out!

Celebrating Life & the joy of the dance!
~ashley

Comments

  1. This is so special. Thank you for supporting VESTAVIA and the Rebelettes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro