American by the Grace of God

I love that I live in the south.  Check that, the deep south, aka The Bible Belt.  We say yes'mam and y'all.  We love Jesus, the United States of America, the constitution, and would rather step on our own tongues than say something ugly to your face.  We just use the phrase 'Bless your heart' to communicate that we think you may be the dumbest human alive.  Before you think I am just some dumb redneck from Alabama, please know I am a Cum Laude graduate from Auburn University, and becoming a stay-at-home mother was my choice, and it's one that I don't regret one single day.  I do work part-time from my home, but my main job is being a homemaker.

I was listening to some comments made by Karen Finney on the Rush Limbaugh show yesterday, and yes, I like Limbaugh.  For those of you who haven't heard of her, Karen is a political analyist who works for MSNBC.  She was appaled that any conserative working female would vote for Rick Santorum in the Primary held March 13th in my state.  She thinks that the only reason any female in the south would vote conservative is because we care more about race than we do about the economy and social issues facing our country.  Let me set the record straight as far as I'm concerned...Karen, you're wrong, bless your heart.  Let me tell you what I believe.

I believe in Jesus Christ.  I believe he died to save the world from sin & rose from the dead on Easter.  I believe in absolute truths.  I believe in having morals and sticking to them.

I believe the United States is the greatest country there is.  We are not promised anything, but we are given opportunity to work hard to acheive whatever we can dream. 

I believe that everyone has equality under the law.  I don't care if you are purple with yellow stripes.  (I've seen these people, they live in Louisana, but I digress.)   God loves diversity of color or he wouldn't have created it.  I believe that if you love someone, color doesn't matter.  I know bi-racial families, and they are like any other family in our church.  They're just a family.  I believe that our country was based on Judeo-Christians beliefs, and the constitution was not set-up to keep these beliefs out of our society and schools.  I believe life begins at conception and in the sancitity of life, no matter how young or old you are.  I believe Planned Parenthood is inherently evil, and exisits for no other reason than to kill babies. 

I believe absolute power corrupts absolutely.  I believe in term limits for Congress.  Some of those people need to step away from DC & join the real world.  Quit saying you believe in the working man & really become one.  I believe in a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.  I believe that this country should live within it's means. Spending for spending's sake is reckless; our country is bankrupt, and if we continue to spend above our means our children and grandchildren will endure the result of our poor choices. 

I believe in the beauty of the traditional family.  I believe in making children do chores because they are part of the family.  I believe that helicopter parents are doing more harm to their children than good.  I believe sometimes children have to fail, and accept personal responsibility for that failure to learn a lesson.  I believe the power of life and death is in the tongue, and that words can hurt.  I believe that being a mother is one of the most thankless yet rewarding jobs there is, and raising children who are loving, kind, and productive members of this country takes constant work, but I know the future of this country rests on their shoulders.  I want my children ready and able.

I believe that we can make a difference for this country.  I believe it starts with me. 

Celebrating Life & the USA!
~ashley

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro